Monday, January 25, 2010

Sneaker-Freak-er.


Every once in a while when I self indulge I usually resort to 3 things. Chili-cheese fries, whiskey and a new pair of fresh kicks. While the first two  potentially cause MAJAH damage to my heart, buying new sneakers causes MAJAH happiness to my corazon.
Buying new sneakers is exhilarating and unlike  stilleto heels, sneakers will never let my ass fall while i'm dancing. I could use them in any social situations.
I'm not the only one that feels this way. The subculture of "Sneaker-heads" is alive through out the world, in a every major city. Avid shoe collectors that take pride in their Adidas, Jordans and even Air Force ones
I leave you with part 1/6 of the documentary "JUST FOR KICKS" which explains better the cultural impact of sneakers and their history. The movie has cameo appearances by self proclaimed "Sneaker heads" like  Grandmaster Caz, Reverend Run, and Missy Elliott.
(Image taken by: Vanessa Berumen)



No comments:

Post a Comment